Monday, January 15, 2007

Pretense at it's best...

Blogs are, essentially, pretense at it's best. However they are cathartic, they are communal, and they are important to many. Unfortunately, I have very few outlets for my opinions and thus, I will resort to spewing said opinions on you, on a blog, which will have little influence, and small readership. I don't intend on changing anyone's minds, as this is primarily for me. Thus, I will accept your comments and discussion as an indication that you too have little outlet for your opinions and will engage you as such. I am a libertarian, which means I believe in liberty, even though we are deprived of liberty more often then not. I am an Atheist, which means I don't hold my liberty as beholden to a deity, god, or higher power. I don't believe in souls, I don't believe in fate, and I don't believe in the power of love. I believe in rational thought, synapse, and personal freedom, which guide the decisions I make. I hope that in this setting, we can debate, discuss, and enjoy each others opinions as what they are, individual expressions of belief.

2 comments:

The Exterminator said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Exterminator said...

Even though I suspect that you and I are in agreement on most issues, I've enjoyed your comments on my blog and the opportunity to spar with you about abortion.

I do wonder why you have "little outlet" for your opinions. Don't you know anyone with whom you can talk--or argue--philosophy?

You've got lots of good ideas, and I enjoy reading your posts. I'm going to list you as a Godforsaken Link on my site. But I'd also like to offer a bit of constructive criticism, which I hope you'll take in the spirit in which it's written.

Please be more careful about your spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Unfortunately, people do judge each other on the way they present themselves. It would be a shame to have your good ideas ignored because you'd misspelled "emtrapment," "anty," or "any one's."

You might also explain what your blog's title means. I'm assuming "bequeeth" is meant to be a pun of some kind?